We use Cajeput Essential Oil in our Healing Balm for its very effective anti-rheumatic qualities.
Cajeput oil has a strong camphorous-medicinal aroma which is prominently used in aromatherapy to soothe respiratory distress.
- Decongestant – It provides relief from nasal and chest congestion.
- Expectorant – It aids the release of phlegm from the lungs.
- Analgesic – It has a powerful pain relieving effect.
- Antibacterial – It kills certain species of bacteria.
- Antifungal – It kills many fungi species.
- Antiviral – It is active against some viruses too.
- Antineuralgic – It exerts a protective effect on the nervous system.
- Antiseptic – prevents infection in wounds.
- Vulnerary ( cicatrizant ) – aids in healing cuts, scrapes and wounds.
- Tonic – Promotes better working of the channels of the body.
- Antispasmodic – reduces spasms.
- Anti-Inflammatory – reduces inflammation.
- Antioxidant – protects the cells from free radical damage.